Dear Friends: Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans. While I had hoped to do more with the Grand Jury indictment on the Kermit Gosnell clinic from last week, a complex array of events overturned my plans. I wanted to update you on a few developments.
Sadly, the Philadelphia Tea Party Patriots did not view the Gosnell Clinic/Charnel Housethe same way I did — an example of bureaucratic waste, fraud and corruption that cried out for recall/removal of Pennsylvania Health Department and State Department cronies. That being said, the local people are in a position to know what group may make a better impact on this matter for the sake of Pennsylvania’s citizens — born and unborn. The coordinator of Philadelphia Tea Party Patriots kindly directed me to the PRO-LIFE UNION OF SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA. I am playing a bit of phone tap with its chief, Mike McMonagle.
So, for those of you who wish to make a difference in preventing another Gosnell-style clinic from occurring again, and seeking redress from those institutions that failed to carry out the law and their public duties, please head here: http://www.prolifeunion.org/.
According to a phone message Mike left for me, Gosnell had been on the group’s radar for some time — and is not the sole clinic where similar violations in health and safety codes have been observed. From a recent press release (click here for full document):
The Gosnell coverage should help the Pa. Dept. of Health do their job. Over the years, we have discussed this delinquency with Harrisburg, but pro-abortion Governors were disinterested. The legislature has work to do as well. As Phila. DA Seth Williams pointed out, “Nail salons are more regulated than abortion.” The Grand Jury Report also cited University of Penn Hospital for their silence concerning the women they treated who were abused by Gosnell.
The Pro-Life Union has a press release with specific names and action items: Abuses, Fraud and Violations of State Law by the Pa. Abortion Industry Continue to be Ignored by Public Officials and the Media. Highlights of the document include the following:
* The Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office: State law requires that ACs committing abortions after 14 weeks have a trained pathologist on staff (to ensure that all of the baby’s pieces have been removed by the “abortion procedure.”) Yet, the DA’s office has refused to take action when presented with clear evidence of these violations.
* The Pa. Department of Health and Steven Brigham: Steven Brigham is an abortionist and abortion chamber operator whose record of abuses and violations of local and state law is extensive and highly documented. He has lost or surrendered his medical license in five states, including Pa. He once operated five ACs in Pa. In recent years, his ACs in King of Prussia, State College and Erie have closed because of violations of zoning and personnel licensure requirements. In July 2008, the Pa. Dept. of Health (PDH) ordered his two remaining ACs in Pittsburgh and Allentown to close because of his continuing violations of personnel licensing requirements. Brigham’s response was to change the name of his ACs from “American Women’s Services” to “Rose Health Services” and transfer ownership to Judith Fitch, who is Brigham’s 70 year old aunt living in Toledo, Ohio. Brigham continues as the de facto CEO for these ACs. Chief Legal Counsel, Ken Brody, Esq., on behalf of the PDH, finds no basis for fraud in this transfer and refuses to pull the license for these two ACs owned and operated by “Rose Health Services.”
*The Philadelphia Health Department ‘s Dr. Donald Schwarz: Dr. Donald Schwarz is the Secretary for this Department. As a private practice pediatrician, Dr. Schwarz referred some of his patients to Gosnell. He claims to have stopped these referrals when they often returned with venereal diseases. Dr. Schwarz has received very little media scrutiny as to his possible role in violating state abortion laws and as to why he did not act to expose Gosnell when he became the Secretary. We call on Dr. Schwarz to immediately resign and for Mayor Nutter to fire him if he fails to do so.
* Another Case to Review: Lee Tripp is an abortionist from South Jersey who commits approximately 25% of all of the abortions in Pa., as he is a “circuit rider” who commits abortions at Planned Parenthood facilities in Philadelphia, West Chester, Reading and Allentown. The facts about his “abortion practice” are (1) has been prosecuted by Commonwealth of Pa.; (2) has 16 counts of lack of quality care; (3) his license is under reprimand by Pa. Board of Medicine (Docket 0412-49-95); the Board has ruled that his work must be supervised and he has claimed “serious emotional problems and “Adjustment Disorder.”
THE EGYPTIAN CRISIS
My wonderful pastor listed Egypt in our group prayer intentions today. I was truly grateful. I am following the looting and damage to Egypt’s ancient antiquities in my other blog, Temple of MUT — PHARAOHS’ MUMMIES BURNT IN EGYPT: Unrest threatens priceless legacy. I wanted to share with you some of the highlights.
1) Several items from the tomb of King Tutankhamen seemed to have been plundered from the Cairo Musem (see this report for full details).
2) I was struck by how grief-filled the eyes of Dr. Zahi Hawass, Secretary General, The Supreme Council of Antiquities, were in a BBC interview. Hawass is a staple of television specials featuring ancient Egypt. To me, it as if he is trying to keep it together while discussing the loss of a family member. This tells me the loss to Egyptology is worse than we can possibly imagine.
I asked for the intersession of St. Michael the Archangel, as I fear there is great evil trying to gain ground in Egypt.
St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan, and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the worldseeking the ruin of souls.